Online payments are simple and safe with 3D Secure with dynamic password, unique from April 8, 2019 .
- Simple: no need to remember any password, for each online transaction you get the unique password on your mobile phone;
- Secure: eliminates the risk of online transaction fraud with the one time password sent via SMS;
- ZERO costs: enrollment and use of 3D Secure is free and automatic.
How does 3D Secure work?
All you need to know about 3D Secure!
You authorize 3D Secure online transactions on websites enrolled in 3D Secure, where Mastercard ID Check or Mastercard SecureCode symbols are displayed:
- with mToken using PIN or by biometric data (fingerprint) - the service is activated automatically for those who have the Idea::mToken application on their smartphone. If you don't have mToken, call now *4455 to activate!
How to use 3D Secure with mToken?
- Add online shopping to your cart and choose to pay with card.
- Enter card details and initiate payment.
- 3D Secure Payment Authorization page will open automatically.
- On your smartphone, at the top, you receive a push notification from mToken. (push notification = alert that appears instantly on your mobile device, if you have an internet connection).
- Open the notification, log in to mToken with PIN or biometric data.
- Check payment information (amount, merchant details, card used) and CONFIRM payment.
How do you enable myBank and mToken? see here
How do you start biometric data in mToken? see here
You don't recieve the push notification in order to authorize transactions? see here
mToken doesn't work? Find out here how to recover the mToken
Registration and activation of 3D Secure service is done automatically, for our cards. So, you just have to enjoy online shopping as simple as possible, but safe!
Starting with 14th of September 2019, the provisions of the Delegated Regulation (EU) 2018/389 supplementing the Payment Services Directive (EU) 2015/2366 came into force. One of the mandatory provisions is the need to apply Strict Customer Authentication (SCA) by using a combination of two customer identification factors when accessing applications such as mobile banking, Internet banking, as well as in the case of authorization of electronic remote payments.